Butterfly Sparks Designs

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

... that tricky kroger!...


i filled my minivan (gasp) up with gas at kroger today. an interesting thing has been happening when i fill up there. when i fill up, the machine always asks for a kroger plus card number or phone number.  for some unexplainable reason,  the last 3 or 4 times i've entered my phone number it somehow then offers me 20 CENTS OFF PER GALLON. i don't shop there for groceries, so i'm always stunned when if offers me this discount. (and for those of you without a kroger gas station, they actually already have some of the lowest gas prices in town) SURE i'll buy gas from you at $1.68 a gallon when everyone else is charging $1.88 or more.  the last time i filled up it was only 30 something dollars instead of 80 something dollars i paid when gas was over 4 bucks per gallon. THAT is a huge difference!   i've gotten accustomed to getting this 20 cent discount deal from kroger, so i was disappointed when i got the run-of-the-mill price today.. WHAT? no discount? ugh. looks like my fortune has run out...

what's the average price of a gallon of gas where you live?

9 comments:

A Southern Wedding Belle said...

I can't believe you're only paying $1.88!!! It is still $2.40 something out here. Dang - I'm glad that I'm coming to Marietta in 16 days!

Brooke Hammel said...

Whoa whoa whoa!! How are you scoring the 20 cents off??? Must be a blessing from heaven cause we shop there religiously and spend oodles of cash and we only get 10 cents off per gallon... it's per $100 you spend you get 10 cents off per fill up.

Travis Greene said...

In the mid 2-dollar somethings. Still much better than $4.

L said...

It's between $2.18 and $2.28, but I've been driving out into "the country" to visit my friends lately where I get it for $1.89.

ManUtd17 said...

I saw $1.87 at the QT on Spring Road on the way into work this a.m.

amy griffith said...

its around $6.00 a gallon here, last time I loooked!

Tammy Ma said...

$5.70 a gallon here.

steve and randel hambrick said...

ummmmm. i'm happy with my 1.85ish... sorry you folks in other areas!!!

Micah and Shireen said...

I am loving this budget boost...we are paying $1.70 a gallon in Omaha.