Butterfly Sparks Designs

Sunday, March 8, 2009

... old school...

last night i was able to have dinner with a few of my girlfriends from high school. all of these girls were very important in my life at one time or another, and i haven't been able to spend much time with any of them in years. FINALLY there was an evening planned to catch up!

because i've been mentally occupied with sick kids and church planting i didn't really spend much time getting excited about the evening.  on my way down to the twisted taco (which surprisingly enough had pretty good tacos), i turned the radio to an 80's station in preparation of meeting my "old" friends. this station can pretty much be counted on to play all of my old classic favorites, and i'm rarely disappointed when i tune in.  they didn't disappoint tonight either, and i had jack and diane blaring all the way to the restaurant. memories flooded my mind.  by the time i arrived, i was almost giddy about meeting up with them!

we sat and shared about our lives.  we talked children, parents, and husbands. disappointments and successes.  i was reminded of my affection for each of them, and grateful that even after 23 years of separation we could pick up where we left off.  there is just something beautiful about childhood friendships that last the test of time...

here are a few pictures..

meet cappy and beth (and you know me)..

 meet cris, kelley, and stacy. can't you tell they are ecstatic about being photographed?



after much begging and pleading, i FINALLY got a group picture.. cris got cut off, but i figure since she was the one that i had to plead the most with for the group shot, she'll probably be thrilled...



"I keep my friends as misers do their treasure, because, of all the things granted us by wisdom, none is greater or better than friendship."  Pietro Aretino, 1537

2 comments:

Woodard Gang said...

Looks like you had a great time! I just recently caught up with some friends from MIDDLE SCHOOL...we just had a blast :) We just picked up where we left off...after 22 years!

*The Bell Life* said...

Awe, Randel, you look sooo cute!